funsec mailing list archives

Re: Disturbed anti-war protester can't find soldier, kills civilian with axe instead

From: "Don Blumenthal" <dmblumenthal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:54:10 -0400

On 9/12/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

What you don't know could fill volumes - as it could with everyone.
But this isn't about what you know and what you don't know, its about
what you are willing to accept. Its obvious that you aren't willing to
accept any "facts" - regardless of source - unless they support your
own opinion. Fortunately, no matter how many of you do this, you can't
change the facts.

A little pot and kettle routine there, methinks.

Statemaster's analysis is useful up to a point but it doesn't examine
all types of gun control laws, doesn't factor level of enforcement,
and doesn't examine ethos. Statewide stats also are meaningless when
doing comparisons. Tell me, for example, what Richmond is compared to
DC, or how Mecklenburg County, VA, compares to Garrett County, MD.

Dan, in a message that just showed up on another thread, is right
about the level of politics on the list. I'll end my part in this
discussion here and refrain from now on with regard to others.

--
Don M. Blumenthal
Technology, Law, and Policy