funsec mailing list archives

Re: Disturbed anti-war protester can't find soldier, kills civilian with axe instead

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:47:54 -0500

On 9/12/07, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
Date sent:              Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:17:39 -0400
From:                   Don Blumenthal <dmblumenthal () gmail com>

As for DC, the effectiveness of firearms laws depends in part on
accessibility. It would be interesting to see the numbers if Virginia
(my old home) didn't have one of the weakest sets of gun controls in
the US.

When teaching in Virginia, I travelled several times into DC (by both car and
Metro), and not once was I searched for, or even asked about, carrying weapons.

Good! That's how I did it too... My only hiccup being that I tried to
turn around in the CIA's parking lot (though I think that was in
Virginia). They ran our names for a quick background check and let us
go (pre-9/11).