funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the DeclarationofIndependence ?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:43:25 -0400

On 7/9/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 7/9/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

> > I could take issue with the Doctor's characterization of relative
> > freedoms in the US and UK (which included all of Ireland until this past
> > century), but all countries have things in their past to be ashamed of.
> > Looking over history with a broad perspective, the US and UK are both
> > beacons of freedom
>
> Central and South America, Africa, and parts if Asia would beg to differ..

Okay, lets hear how.

If you dont know by now, then thats a choice you have made, not from a
lack of information presented. If you want to know, the revisit your
education. TIP: Why is america still #1 even though we have none of
the natural resources and are no smarter than anyone else?

> I would say we are beacons of freedom for citizens, all else beware..

Which is why we have an immigration problem, right?

> -JP<who thinks the sins of today trump the miracles of yesterday>

JP <who can't say anything good about his own country - but who is
also not in a hurry to leave it>

You dont know me very well... I would consider myself lucky if I could
spend the rest of my life travelling. Also, I wouldnt have a problem
saying good things about this country to a person who sees only the
bad. The inverse is also true, which is why you got my email.

-JP<who cant say anything good about _anyones_ country, outside of a
few nice things about Australia>