funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the DeclarationofIndependence ?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:09:53 -0400

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:44:43 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Don't wanna see beautiful Cuba? Don't shoot at us. Pretty easy to
avoid the whole mess IMO.

Which is why they expect that only 20% of the people we're holding there
will ever be charged with anything - and we've *already* admitted and released
a number of people who were basically picked up by accident.  Just took
several *years* because they don't have any habeus corpus.  So more correct
would be "Don't be the wrong skin color and happen to live in a country where
others are shooting at us".

Might want to ask that Canadian guy who got renditioned off to someplace for
several years of captivity and torture on bum information.  What easy way
did he have to avoid that whole mess?