funsec mailing list archives

Re: A fun security experiment with the TSA

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:15:11 -0700

security curmudgeon wrote:
As for the spot checks, I get them about 50% of the time. If you were on
a watch list, i'd imagine you would get them all the time and be
questioned heavily before passing the screening check. Do you travel with
any computer equipment in your luggage? When I have a keyboard, mouse,
laptop power supply and other hardware, I tend to see the TSA cards.

I rarely get checked, or at least I rarely get the note. However, this
last return trip from Las Vegas I had one. I had a DefCon badge in my
checked bag, go figure.

                                        BB