funsec mailing list archives

Re: cyber-9/11

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:00:23 -0700 (PDT)

It's a power grab by the government over the Internet.

The easiest way to do a cyber 9/11 is to cut some cables and blow up a few data centers. Is there anything in that
cybersecurity bill that addresses the most important threat? No, of course not, because it's not about cybersecurity,
it's about a power grab.

Chinese teenagers regularly break into computers in the federal government, but they don't cause power blackouts. This
bill puts the computers controlling power systems under control of the federal government.