funsec mailing list archives

Re: All your database (and email) are belong to us ...

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:53:17 -0400

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 07:45:33PM -0700, chris () blask org wrote:
There isn't anything particular about Google that makes me think of them
as a company that is particularly stellar (or not) on matters of security,
[...]

I largely concur with this viewpoint, however: a reliable surface
indicator of poor underlying security (at any entity) is the amount of
abuse that emanates from that entity.  And Google is well-known as a
prolific spam source; has been for several years.  This speaks poorly
of their clue level and diligence -- neither of which are up to
acceptable professional standards.

---Rsk