funsec mailing list archives

Re: Binary Armageddon Day

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:36:33 +0200

Gadi Evron napsal(a):
Bill Steele replied:
"10:10 a.m. on January 10, 2010 works out to 1010011010 -- binary 666."

We can calculate next armageddon day following way:

666^2 = 443556
Since on armageddon day in 2010 all bits will turn into trits, we
convert it into trinary number:
211112110000
Which we can split into:
21-11-12-11-0000
So, next armageddon (squared !) will be at 21:00:00, November 11, 2011.

Now that's hot! :)
I am going to name it Binary Armageddon Day, that way it sounds
serious to non-geeks rather than say, calling it Geek Armageddon Day.

Party!

      Gadi.