funsec mailing list archives

UK and guns

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 13:39:32 +0200

On 12/27/09 1:18 PM, David Harley wrote:
Your problem is that you only focus on "Gun Crime".

Uh-huh. If you don't like the argument you're in, pretend it's a different
one. It wasn't me who defined the subject for this thread.

The UK is living a dream, but from discussions with a couple of police
officers, they live a nightmare.

According to a friend, every year their union votes on whether they
should want guns, and every year the vote is higher.

They are risking their lives and are ordered to run if confronted with
guns. That seems to not be a winning strategy.

A while back I said I can't imagine a country where cops did not have
weapons, and that it's insane. Drsolly replied he couldn't imagine one
where they did, as that would be insane. Is is still insane?

        Gadi.