funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK and guns

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:12:29 -0000

The UK is living a dream, but from discussions with a couple
of police officers, they live a nightmare.

Oh, there's an argument for more cops being armed (we do have routinely
armed police in certain contexts), though I'm not saying I subscribe to it.
The chances of police encountering something meeting with something included
in the widest definition of a firearm are much higher than they were even a
couple of decades ago, especially in a metropolitan area.

The chances of the rest of us encountering an armed criminal are, of course,
very much smaller, though not small enough.

--
David Harley BA CISSP FBCS CITP
Director of Malware Intelligence, ESET