funsec mailing list archives

Re: Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the Debate!

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:53:35 +0100

chris () blask org wrote:
o  The global climate is anything but a single-change scenario: it is actually a "constant multiple-factor change
scenario", in which it is conceivable that we are currently otherwise in a cooling phase and we have just happened -
by sheer dumb luck - to find ourselves pumping warming agents out at the right time.

Actually, there is no such thing as global climate. :-( Climate is
defined as long-term local character of weather, where local means range
in tens of kilometers/miles. Climate can be very different even in close
areas. So, averaging 'climate' (read: time averaged temperature) is
nonsense even in the close areas.

Climawhores do averaging of averages of averages (...) of weather. They
call it science, I call it chutzpah.

--
Martin Tomasek

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." --Benjamin Franklin