funsec mailing list archives

Re: Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the Debate!

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:10:21 +0100

Larry Seltzer wrote:
PS - If you haven't guessed it already, I think that climate science is
largely full of crap.

I agree with that.

Put aside for the minute that the models can't
explain why we've had *cooling* for the last 10 years; why would you
think that you can look at ice cores and use them to recreate
temperatures to within fractions of a degree? You can only prove the
accuracy of such methods by comparing them with actual temperatures and,
of course, we can't do that. I've had the sense for a long time that
these guys know a whole lot less about this stuff than they claim to.

Example: You can match ice cores optically so you will have exact match
of ice core records. Scientists did dating by carbon radioisotopes in
matched samples. And radiocarbon dating showed time difference of about
10000 years. This means samples contain some kind of chemical which is
incompatible with radiocarbon dating - but they are unable to determine
which one (afaik).

Another example: There is correllation between temperatures and CO2
levels. I think it is not significant. But climate scientists split into
three groups on this: 1 - temperature rise causes rise of CO2 levels. 2
- rise of CO2 levels cause rise of temperature. 3 - rise of CO2 levels
cause fall of the temperature. :-)

--
Martin Tomasek

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." --Benjamin Franklin