nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Peers as basis of available routes

From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond () prolocation net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:38:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Ok. Thanks for the information :) So that would mean that to answer my question, I would need to determine the web hosting provider who has the most number of peers and most number of transit providers?

You wont see those local peerings unless all those providers have looking glasses. So thats not gonna work out in this case. You will only see who they transit with...

I cant answer that, only you can. If that hosting provider has many peers but your customers are not behind them its of no use.

But generally a hosting provider with many local peers, either public or private -might have- ok connections ;)

For example if they private peer with 10 mbps and the other one has 10 gbps public peering...

There isnt a real answer to your question. Its based on your own buisiness needs and decisions on those.

Bye,
Raymond.