nanog mailing list archives

Re: intra-AS messaging for route leak prevention

From: Joe Provo <nanog-post () rsuc gweep net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 01:45:51 -0400

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:50:17AM +0200, Job Snijders wrote:
Hi All,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:48:11AM -0400, Joe Provo wrote:
[snip]
It is useful to note that AS_PATH if often also involved on egress
decisions.

You say 'often', but I don't recognise that design pattern from my own
experience. A weakness with the egress point (in context of route leak
prevention)
[snip]

I wrote 'egress decisions'.  While Leo pointed out some additional
value, simple things like preventing private ASNs leaking (you
mustn't trust the vendor knob) fall in this bucket. The list of
potential things can be longer, but that's either microphone or
bar conversation this coming week. :-)

Cheers,

Joe

--
        RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / CotSG / Usenix / NANOG