nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 22:22:53 -0700

...not to mention that all mature networks are moving more towards GUI
front ends for their automated network.  As the complexity of a network
increases, CLI access becomes considerably more risky.

The idea that "real engineers use the CLI" is dinosaur thinking that will
eventually land those with that philosophy out of a job.  Just my personal
$.02 (though I'm certainly not alone in my opinion).

real engineers write code to do it.  and gooeys get in the way something
awful.  remember cascade?