Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Build Nmap-5.00 without sctp support

From: Pawlowski Marcin Piotr <pawlowski.mp () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:10:00 +0200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:26:00 +0200
Giovanni Bechis <bigionews () snb it> wrote:

David Fifield wrote:
Hello. There should be no need to port Nmap to OpenBSD. If it takes
special work to make it compile or run then it's a bug, so please
submit a patch so that we can integrate it with the mainline code.

We added a sctp.h file to the source to let nmap build (otherwise
nmap cannot find a few structs)

And we needed to remove sctp from pcap filter (scan-engine) cause we
don't have it in the library (yet?).

If Nmap doesn't produce any output, that doesn't necessarily mean
that SCTP is broken. It has been reported that a lot of networking
devices like NAT don't properly handle SCTP. Use the --packet-trace
option to see if the packets are being sent.

The packets are being sent but I see no output (I am behind nat).
A little problem which arise is that man pages are not compatible
with our man(1), maybe because of something similar to that:
(http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/0249.html).
We start patching man pages but the result is a huge diff.
When we will have a final version of the diff we will submit the
"effort" to the nmap's mailing list.

Yes, still working on that, there must be simple and clean way to do
this ;-)

Cheers,
pmp