Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Build Nmap-5.00 without sctp support

From: Pawlowski Marcin Piotr <pawlowski.mp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:33:33 +0200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:27:04 -0600
David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 03:10:00PM +0200, Pawlowski Marcin Piotr
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:26:00 +0200
Giovanni Bechis <bigionews () snb it> wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
Hello. There should be no need to port Nmap to OpenBSD. If it
takes special work to make it compile or run then it's a bug,
so please submit a patch so that we can integrate it with the
mainline code.

We added a sctp.h file to the source to let nmap build (otherwise
nmap cannot find a few structs)

And we needed to remove sctp from pcap filter (scan-engine) cause we
don't have it in the library (yet?).

The libpcap included with Nmap has support for "sctp". Try building
with --with-libpcap=included if that isn't against a packaging policy.

I think that its against our policy...

Which structs were missing? It seems that any structs that Nmap needs
should be in the dnet/sctp.h file, included by dnet.h, but I could be
wrong about that.

Yes that's where the structures are and we copied it. All what we are
including and is required by sctp stuff is in attachment.

Cheers,
pmp