Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Building against external libdnet (was: Build Nmap-5.00 without sctp support)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 00:39:35 -0700

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 05:11:03PM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:

Actually, I'd suggest we remove or disable the ./configure option
to build Nmap against an external libdnet as long as the list of
unmerged patches is as long as it is currently.  It's not just
the SCTP stuff which is missing in external libdnet versions.  Or
at least add a warning to the description of the option in
./configure --help.  Opinions?

Good points.  I've updated configure --help so it now says:

  --with-libdnet=DIR      Use an existing (compiled) dnet lib from DIR/include
                          and DIR/lib. This is NOT RECOMMENDED because we have
                          made many important fixes to libdnet, as described
                          at
                          http://nmap.org/svn/libdnet-stripped/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS
  --with-libdnet=included Use the libdnet version included with Nmap (default)

Cheers,
-F