Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: HTTP scanners?

From: sarnold () WILLAMETTE EDU (Seth R Arnold)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:45:21 -0800

/* blue boar, don't bother sending this through if someone else has answered
 * it already. :) */

Rory, to the best of my knowledge, there aren't any http scanners -- if you
want something like that, nmap or {nessus | cops | satan | ...} are your
best bets; you can scan directly the http and https ports for quick, or all
ports for sure; as for make/version, the best way I can think of is a little
script interface to netcat or telnet to show you the real output of each
port.