WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: FW: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

From: "Joe White" <joe () navio com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:35:52 -0800

Serg,

Here is a one stop shop for all of your layer 1-4 pen test needs.
Layers 5-7 are still somewhat of a topic of contention  :-)

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack

BackTrack is a bootable Linux CD solution that describes itself as the
next iteration of the Auditor bundle.  Just grab the ISO image and burn
to a CD locally.

I ultimately installed this distribution to the hard drive on a
dedicated system and have been very impressed with the bundle as a
whole.  Also, if you poke around the site a bit, there is some decent
docs on ramping up on the bundled tools if you are not that familiar
with them already.

Disclaimer:  I am in no way related/connected to the Backtrack or
Auditor distributions.  However, I have used them both and share this
information here from the perspective of a satisfied user and not
necessarily a promoter or advocate of the tools mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Joe

<<<>>>