WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

From: "Talwar, Mansi" <mansi.talwar () fidelity co in>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:59:40 -0500

I have used AppScan for more than a year now.....the new version AppScan
6 is also now available......which has advanced functionalities like
resending test scripts of your own, etc...

I have heard of the Enterprise Edition too, but do not know much on
that.
It has given decent vulnerabilities, surely it can never be as efficient
as a manual Pen test....but after an extensive market survey, our
company had decided to use this finally.
In the past, it also gave me the UNIX password file being exposed. That
was one best finding I saw from AppScan.

Regards
Mansi Talwar