WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: FW: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

From: "arian.evans" <arian.evans () anachronic com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:52:05 -0600

Serg, this is covered in depth on pen-test@SF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Serg B. [mailto:serg.belokamen () gmail com]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 7:45 AM
To: webappsec () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: FW: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

Just to direct the topic a little bit:
Can anyone also recomed some good general pen-testing tools? So
something that is not specific to web application testing.
Doesn't have to be open source. Something a long the lines of Nessus.

Well, Nessus is for VA. Do you mean Vuln analysis or penetration?

I have used Core Impact, CANVAS, Metasploit, and Visionael, which
is currently end of life. I recommend posting to that list for
people who focus on network/non-webappsec pen testing or vulnerability
assessment for more detailed responses.

-ae