WebApp Sec mailing list archives

get network user name

From: "John Bond" <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:24:10 +0000

I am trying to write an intranet program which will get the
network/domain login name of a user visiting my site.  As this site is
going to be an intranet site it can be said their is a high level of
trust betwwen the user and the application.  The application will need
to run with multible browsers and (i hope) be able to query the
username from multible OS's.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to implment this and the
possible secutity considerations which should be considered.

Thanks for your help