WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: get network user name

From: "Auri Rahimzadeh" <auri () auri net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:42:57 -0500

Yeah, with ASP.NET it's easy. Of course, if you're using another language
you can query the HTTP headers for username, if it's passed (I recall IE
passes it, but it *can be spoofed very easily that way*). You want to use
Windows authentication and NTLM or similar authentication to guarantee the
username (which you can set up in IIS).

Best,

Auri Rahimzadeh
Author, Hacking the PSP