WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: OT: Inserting Ads without breaking the SSL

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:40:32 -0700

I have not seen it myself. But I plan to visit Santa Clara and try it
out in next couple of days

OK. Finally I got a chance to use the Metrofi server. Seems like they
don't insert Ads on SSL pages, and they are using Squid. See below for
server footprint:
While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://www.full-disc-encryption.com/lurker/list/fde.en.html
The following error was encountered:
   Unable to determine IP address from host name for
www.full-disc-encryption.com
The dnsserver returned:
   No Address records
This means that:
The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Tue, 13 Jun 2006 04:20:41 GMT by prod-13.oss.metrofi.net
(squid/2.5.STABLE6+filter0.9)

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net