WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: OT: Inserting Ads without breaking the SSL

From: "Anthony Ettinger" <aettinger () sdsualumni org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:56:34 -0700

It's difficult to go off a screenshot. But it's possible, they have an
ad proxy on https on their domain which serves the ads?

https:// -> visited page -> loads https://adserver -> loads http ad,
and returns output?

so techinically the visited page is loading an https object (which
indirectly loads an http ad)