WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: 2-factor auth for all

From: "Benjamin Tomhave" <list-procurare () secureconsulting net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:14:47 -0400

That's interesting news, but token-based 2-factor does not stop phishing.
It just means the phishing site needs to be a little smarter, and perhaps
have a little faster turn-around.  Unfortunately, I've seen successful
attacks like this for a couple years now.  While 2-factor authN will likely
decrease the effectiveness of phishing attacks in the short-term, we should
have no illusions that the problem is solved.

cheers,

-ben

---
Benjamin Tomhave, CISSP, IAM, IEM
falcon () secureconsulting net
http://falcon.secureconsulting.net/
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/622/964

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all
citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression,
any injustice, any hatred is a wedge designed to attack our civilization."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt