WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: 2-factor auth for all

From: "David Kierznowski" <david.kierznowski () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:31:42 +0100

1+1=2
OpenSSH Key + USB Stick = Job Done.

Might be a little fancier but to be honest this is nothing new.
Commercial entities just capitalising on age-old open source solutions
as usual.

On 24/10/06, Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com> wrote:
seems like 2 factor auth (one time password) using token will be soon
available to the general consumer soon.

SanDisk will be adding the functionality of one-time-password, dubbed
'TrustedSignins', in their TrustedFlash device.

Verisign, and RSA are working with SanDisk to build this platform,
which might put an end to phishing

See:
http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/PressRoom/PressReleases/PressRelease.aspx?ID=3569

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net

Hackers continue to add billions to the cost of doing business online
despite security executives' efforts to prevent malicious attacks. This
whitepaper identifies the most common methods of attacks that we have
seen, and outlines a guideline for developing secure web applications.
Download our The Twelve Most Common Application-level Hack Attacks
whitepaper today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=701500000008YTi