Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: 2.6 branch planning and post-branch changes

From: Stephen Donnelly <Stephen.Donnelly () endace com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 04:46:18 +0000

On Mar 14, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

As discussed previously we'll drop support for Qt 4 and GTK+ in the master
branch after master-2.6 is created. Unless there are strong objections I'd like
to bump the minimum GLib version to 2.32.

As a note, Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 is in Maintenance 2 support until late 2020, and only ships Glib 2.28 afaik.

Would this mean no Wireshark 2.6 support for EL6 based Linux distributions?

If EL6 support is still desirable, an option might be developing to the Glib 2.32 interface, but providing wrappers
(polyfil) for the few bits of Glib used by Wireshark that are different or not available in 2.28.

Stephen