Bugtraq mailing list archives

full disclosure list clarification

From: pwh () bradley bradley edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 94 16:19:06 -0600

I've gotten more than a few replies that didn't quite understand my
intentions in the last post (about possibly setting up a list to discuss
the issues of disclosure).  I guess I was unclear; let me try to
clarify:

At this point I am only looking for responses from people who want to
PARTICIPATE in *discussion* about the pro's & con's of various levels
of disclosure in security announcements.

If you want the discussion off of bugtraq, but don't want to participate
yourself, don't bother telling me about it, because I'm only trying to
gauge likely levels of participation (if I don't have enough people
interested in actually DISCUSSING, I'm not going to bother).  I'd just
as soon see it off bugtraq too, that's why I'm doing this, but if no one
actually wants to do the talking on the other list, there's no point.

Please also note that I am *not* proposing to create an alternate mailing
list for ACTUAL DISCLOSURE.  That's what bugtraq is for, and I am in
no way proposing to replace that.

Have a nice day. :-)