Bugtraq mailing list archives

mktemp..

From: hobbit () bronze lcs mit edu (*Hobbit*)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 18:09:28 -0500

Hey Nathan, it wasn't my intention to discredit your work -- rather, to build
on it.  I was trying to say "I don't quite understand why the original code
works", when obviously it does, and posted a rewrite that *also* works and
that I understood better myself [along with the big ol' comment].

If I was some kind of super-sysadmin, perhaps I *would* understand why the
original code works, which is why I asked... I know my code comments tend to
get a little caustic sometimes [skey is a good example], no insult intended!

Btw, trying to trace /bin/mail largely fails on sunos [at least] because
at one point it shuts off all its own signals, and that's the last you get
in the trace file.  But it does give you enough to see the mktemp() name!!
Thus, in theory I didn't have to look at the source, tee hee...

_H*