Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Exploit for Linux wu.ftpd hole

From: sob () academ com (Stan Barber)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 17:46:17 CDT

I have been working with folks on the wu-ftpd list to create a new release
of wu-ftpd-2.4 that has many bugs fixed (including the bug fixes from
Hobbit). We are in BETA4 and BETA5 will be out soon, but the BETA
release are mostly addressing smaller problems now. I expect to have
a "release" version by the middle of this month.

If you want to see if there are still open security problems, please do.
Here is the URL for the beta:

        ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-4.tar

Report problems/bugs to "wu-ftpd () academ com" and join the wu-ftpd list
at Washington University if you want get involved.

Note: This version has been tested on Linux 1.2.8 as well as other platforms.

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob () academ com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: bcm!academ!sob