funsec mailing list archives

Re: FCC v Mom

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:54:30 -0500

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:44:07 GMT, Craig Webster said:
Is there anything which stops people opening up the phone and
smooshing the GPS hardware?

Umm... other than the fact the GPS hardware is likely on the same chip(s)
as something vaguely important, like the hardware that finds a tower to
talk to? ;)

Plus, if the phone does a POST and finds pieces of itself missing, it
may will wander off in a funk and refuse to play nice? I mean, when I took
my cat to be fixed, he was pissed at me for a week.... ;)