funsec mailing list archives

Re: FCC v Mom

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:19:33 -0700

Larry Sed
--------------------
Silly me, I would think that the ability to have 911 service on your phone
would be a good thing
Are you a Fed :-)

I woulndt mind being able to call 911 (although I havent had a reason
to in 28 years), but the Fact is: They dont have to be able to trace
me in order for me to have access to 911 or any number. I could call
them before GPS, I can still call without.

The Situation may arise where I am bleeding to death and cant press a
button, but how would they know I was in trouble to come "rescue me"?
Maybe when someone knoticed I was missing, but I would be several days
dead by then.