funsec mailing list archives

Re: Feds after Google data

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:13:15 GMT

Yes, it has been proposed many, many times. Most recently: .kids

Just google for 'tld kids' or look for '.kids'

Regarding said domain, what makes you think that some unscrupulous
people won't conduct nefarious activities in that TLD? Or conversely,
what makes someone think that all pr0n would move to .xxx?

The answer: there is no assurance -- there is no Internet police.

To think so is an exercise is fantasy. ;-)

- ferg

-- Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

[snip]

But I digress. Would it be a bad idea to have a TLD for "children"?
Maybe a .kid? Then you could make that section of namespace as lame as
you wanted. suggested requirements: Application for posting of
content, periodic review of content, and banning Disney from the
onset, would be just a few ideas that could be implemented :-) I would
assume this has already been proposed, but not yet implemented?

[snip]

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net