funsec mailing list archives

Re: guilty until proven innocent?

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:51:37 +1300

Mary Landesman wrote:

Hmm... well, a real quick look shows one little wrinkle in his story:

Josh claims: "This is a screenshot from Internet Explorer.  I never use
Internet Explorer; I use Safari."

His website says: "Designed on and best viewed with Microsoft Internet
Explorer 6."

So you might think it's because he uses a stylesheet from someone else. But
no, according to the source:
Blogger Template Style
Name:     Christmas (v J.1.0090)
Designer: Josh Clark [jgclark123(at)gmail(dot)com]
Date:     23 Dec 2005

So, at least as of 23 Dec 2005, Josh not only used Internet Explorer, he
apparently could only design for it as well.

I noticed that too, but...

We know nothing about Josh's _home_ computing environment.

We do know that _at aschool_, _on the Macs_ he claims to only use
Safari (which is quite plausible, at least assuming he does not also
have Firefox as an option...), but _at home_ he may generally prefer
Firefox _on his Windows machine_ (for much the same reasons he claims
to prefer Safari over IE on the Macs at school) _BUT_ perhaps he "must"
use IE for his blog-authoring?

A quite conceivable _and consistent with what we can assume we know_
position _that is not contradictory of anything claimed by Josh_ is
quite possible...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald