funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:26:59 -0500 (EST)

3) Is it just me, or does it seem that the ultimate result of this
will be improved virii?  Most of the spam I receive today seems to be
from infected machines, which are sending emails that from a
technical standpoint can look completely legit and trace back only to
the infected machine.  From that perspective, it seems that this is
only going to increase financial burdens on small companies that
can't afford good workstation security.

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Anyone - company or otherwise - who can't keep their machines
uninfected should not be on the net.  It's time, and past, that there
were real penalties for such public irrespnosibility.

(Yes, for most individuals, that means farming out the work.  So?)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca