funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:06:37 -0500

On 2/8/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Yes. Just like you're responsible for fixing my garden wall if you rammed
into it on acccount of your faulty brakes.

It should be easy. All you need to do, is count the emails sent via their
system.

Company employees sending personal mail, would have to use the free system
and take their chances like everyone else.

What's a virii?

No, it creates an incentive on small companies to clean up their botted
computers and stop it happening again.

It verifies who the source really is, and that this source has been
willing to pay for the email to be delivered.

Or better yet, we could just make people take a test to see if they
are worthy of sending email... methinks only drsolly would pass ;-)