funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:29:49 -0500 (EST)

3) Is it just me, or does it seem that the ultimate result of this
will be improved virii?
What's a virii?

The word is a (nonstandard) plural of "virus".  Even though most
malware are not virn [another such nonstandard plural] in the usual
sense, they are commonly so called.  (I'm not sure it's actually an
incorrect term, either; while they do not attach to ("infect") other
software, the term makes sense if you think of a machine, rather than a
program, as the infected entity.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca