funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 20:15:48 -0500

On 2/4/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:

America Online and Yahoo, two of the world's largest providers of e-mail
accounts, are about to start using a system that gives preferential
treatment to messages from companies that pay from 1/4 of a cent to a penny
each to have them delivered. The senders must promise to contact only people
who have agreed to receive their messages, or risk being blocked entirely.

the paid messages will be given special treatment. On AOL, for example, they
will go straight to users' main mailboxes, and will not have to pass the
gantlet of spam filters that could divert them to a junk-mail folder or
strip them of images and Web links.

So I need to set up a domain, then using a stolen CC#, I can send
pornographic spam to your kids without fear of being caught in a
filter.

Since the domains are throwaway and my customers will be in the dark
as to my advertising methods (he said he was sending them
legitimately) plus the fact that I live in Antarctica, I have no
worries.

Bad idea! Especially if they expect me to pay 1/4 Cent to send an
email to an @aol user, avoiding the spam filters.

Now if I could pay them a 1/4 cent not to get emails from @yahoo and
@aol, _that_ I may be interested in ;-)

-JP