funsec mailing list archives

RE: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:44:03 -0500

The problem with the GoodMail scheme is that they pay a penny a piece for
all million recipients. That's $10K, not $1K.
Yes, you read that right.

Actually, I think the scheme is "as much as 1c/message". Someone actually
sending a million messages would probably get a break, although I bet the
formula is more complicated than a simple sliding scale. The price might,
for instance, go down if you have a good and longstanding reputation with a
low level of complaints.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/