funsec mailing list archives

Re: Can someone exlpain this to me?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 03:24:51 -0500

On 2/18/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
Not that it matters *who* runs it, only 5% of the containers ever get
inspected anyhow.

Thanks for bringing that up VK, its the only relevant piece of data
IMO. We dont inspect freights now, so what difference does it make who
is not doing the inspections?.

Even though we dont inspect but 5% of all containers (if that), at
least we inspect _every_ pair of shoes that makes it into this
country. Our diligence doesnt stop there, we kick it up another notch
and inspect any shoe that flies anywhere in the lower 48 to boot.

Thanks to that, I can sleep soundly at night (with my shoes off)

-JP