funsec mailing list archives

Re: Can someone exlpain this to me?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 04:29:33 -0500

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 03:24:51 EST, you said:

Even though we dont inspect but 5% of all containers (if that), at
least we inspect _every_ pair of shoes that makes it into this
country. Our diligence doesnt stop there, we kick it up another notch
and inspect any shoe that flies anywhere in the lower 48 to boot.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Weapons/B83.html

We know where all of *ours* are (I think).  But we kept 650 of them because
another country had equivalents, and I'm not convinced we know where all of
*those* ended up.

And for those who wonder if suitcase nukes are doable:

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/News/DoSuitcaseNukesExist.html

Neither a B83 or a W-54 will fit inside the shoes we check 100% of, but both
will fit nicely inside the standard freight containers we only check 5% of.

Think about that the next time you see a container ship in the NYC harbor.....