funsec mailing list archives

Re: Can someone exlpain this to me?

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:59:12 -0500

 Now now ... if Rupert Murdoch says it's all OK and "fearless leader" is "grippy" and "in charge" then we have nothing
to fear but beer itself. Well, OK ... ground here in upstate New York is a bit harder than in the summer, but I've got
a steam shovel, and I'm USING it to dig the company bunker just a few leagues deeper than it was.     :)

 And if you can't trust Faux news for the truth, then who CAN you trust? CNN? Hahahahaha.

CHENEY SAYS SHOOTING OF FELLOW HUNTER WAS BASED ON FAULTY INTELLIGENCE

Vice President Dick Cheney revealed today that he shot a fellow hunter while on a quail hunting trip over the weekend
because he believed the man was the fugitive terror mastermind Ayman al-Zawahiri.   Mr. Cheney acknowledged that the
man he sprayed with pellets on Saturday was not al-Zawahiri but rather Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old millionaire
lawyer from Austin, blaming the mix-up on "faulty intelligence."

"I believed I had credible intelligence that al-Zawahiri had infiltrated my hunting party in disguise with the intent
of spraying me with pellets," Mr. Cheney told reporters. "Only after I shot Harry in the face and he shouted 'Cheney,
you bastard' did I realize that this intelligence was faulty."  Moments after Mr. Cheney's assault on Mr. Whittington,
Mr. al-Zawahiri appeared in a new videotape broadcast on al-Jazeera to announce that he was uninjured in the vice
president's attack because, in his words, "I was in Pakistan."

An aide to the vice president said he believed that the American people would believe Mr. Cheney's version of events,
but added, "If he was going to shoot any of his cronies right now it's a shame it wasn't Jack Abramoff."

At the White House, President George W. Bush defended his vice president's shooting of a fellow hunter, saying that the
attack sent "a strong message to terrorists everywhere."
"The message is, if Dick Cheney is willing to shoot an innocent American citizen at point-blank range, imagine what
he'll do to you," Mr. Bush said.