funsec mailing list archives

RE: Everyone on FD is now under arrest

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:03:59 -0800 (PST)

Subject: RE: [funsec] Everyone on FD is now under arrest
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:57:41 -0600
From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
To: "Blanchard, Michael \(InfoSec\)" <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>, "Oliver
Schneider" <Borbarad () gmxpro net>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org

 Hmmm... Interesting.... If FD (or any other list)is hosted
in the States, are the users of said list bound by those laws?

  I figure if online gambling sites can legally be hosted out
of the states and be immune to the US laws, wouldn't the
inverse be true?

 Don't flame me, I'm actually wondering about this... Anyone
have any thoughts?

Interesting Question. FD is hosted in the UK, but Pen-testing Mailing
list is controlled by a US company however. Guess we don't have to worry
about FunSec either?? Gadi, where are we?

Texas:

[whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
Domain ID: D2215980-LROR
Domain Name: LINUXBOX.ORG
Created On: 18-Oct-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On: 17-Aug-2005 00:26:26 UTC
Expiration Date: 17-Oct-2011 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: Go Daddy Software, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID: GODA-012196369
Registrant Name: Sean Schneyer
Registrant Organization: SKS Enterprises
Registrant Street1: 5524 Eagle River Drive
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City: The Colony
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 75056-7308
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4694419447
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: sean () linuxbox org

-Todd

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin