funsec mailing list archives

RE: Everyone on FD is now under arrest

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:55:51 -0500

 Hmmm... Interesting.... If FD (or any other list)is hosted in the States, are the users of said list bound by those
laws?

  I figure if online gambling sites can legally be hosted out of the states and be immune to the US laws, wouldn't the
inverse be true?

 Don't flame me, I'm actually wondering about this... Anyone have any thoughts?

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580