funsec mailing list archives

Shocker: Bush Defends Spying After NSA Database Report

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:49:52 GMT

Lies, more lies, and damned lies from the Bush administration.

Via MSNBC.

[snip]

Following a report that the U.S. agency in charge of a domestic spying program is building a database of every phone
call made within the country, President Bush told the nation from the White House that all anti-terrorism efforts are
within the law.

Facing new concerns in Congress, President Bush did not confirm or deny the report but sought to assure Americans that
their privacy is being “fiercely protected.”

“We are not mining or trolling through the personal lives of innocent Americans,” Bush said.

[snip]

One paragraph near the end of this article says it all, folks:

"Meanwhile, the Justice Department has abruptly ended an inquiry
into the warrantless eavesdropping program because the NSA refused
to grant its lawyers the necessary security clearance."

How convenient. I, for one, am appalled.

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12734870/

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net