funsec mailing list archives

Re: Shocker: Bush Defends Spying After NSA Database Report

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:23:49 -0500

On 5/11/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
 nope, he's right.  Unless you're talking about the "lizard" part, in which case he's mistaken, it was a Snake that
Lucifer took the form of.

 Roman Catholics believe in the "original sin", which they believe everyone is born with.  Which is the sin that Eve
made when biting into the apple.  Baptism removes the original sin...
  I'm not sure about other Christian denominations, I do know they don't all believe in the original sin however.

So at best it was a stereotypical statement/aspersion for the purpose
of...? His statement isn't true regardless because you'd be hard
pressed to find a passage stating there are "no innocents". It may be
an interpretation, but that will depend on the individual (or should,
IMO).

If they're religious people then they have been baptised or otherwise
"saved" (which is the way of many sects rather than - or as well as -
baptism). Catholics believe this wipes out the original sin
(disobeying their god). If they sin again they can confess those sins.
Even then, after death, they can make it up in purgatory. Lots of
outs/ins. :)

  Oh and for the record, I too am not religious in the slightest way, but I wholey respect other's freedom to be able to believe in
whatever they wish as long as they don't attempt to push me into thinking that their beliefs are the "one true" beliefs...

Absolutely - but some folks consider their agnostic or atheist beliefs
as the "one true" belief as well. I can say that my OPINIONS is that
they're all BS, but I'm not going to deride you at every turn for not
agreeing with me. Its not an "argument" and these days is equivalent
to yelling "Nazis"...