funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors PleaseStand Up?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:42:11 -0500

On 5/16/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
> And it isn't an "occupation", it's an occupation. What, did you think
> Saddam invited us in?

His "and if you don't like it, come and get me" blustering wasn't an invite? :)

Its kind of sophomoric but it seemed like he'd jump in the middle of
any international topic, just to stir the pot - so we wouldn't forget
him, I guess. Why, when you're looking down the barrel of guns that
had just run over your army a few years earlier, would you brag about
paying people to blow themselves up in Israel, a US ally?! Worse, he
lied to his own cabinet about having WMDs!!!