funsec mailing list archives

RE: EU Promotes Continent-Wide Censorship

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:06:51 -0400

 here we go, why not a "united world" :-)

  Lets take Middle east, Japanese, Netherlands, USA, UK, Chinese, and
Australian cultures and try to make them compatible.   Ok, I'm sure that
there are universal things that can hold true, like Pedophilia should be
illegal worldwide, murder, etc  But, yikes I wouldn't even want to jump into
an acceptable TV show in all those countries... Yikes!

  I could just imagine Japanese "train groping" happening here in the
States....  I'm still not sure if it's legal in Japan, but it sure appears
to be.

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580